1. It is great to have a full team now for the NW Ragnar Relay. I was able to find 2 more women to be on our team. We are now a full team. We are a female sub-masters team. It will be lots of fun. 6 have run before and 6 are newbies. I love the excitement and desire to know all about it. It reminds me of my first ones. I am a planner (shock I know) but when I’d do a new race ( street scramble, adventure, relay) I’d read everything that I could find so that I’d know as much as possible. Nice to know what legs I am training for (so glad that there are enough runners who like the longer legs so that I can run in the 15 distance not the 18-20 distance.
2. Just bought new running shoes. I love the excitement of a new pair on its way. Also love Sierra Trading Post. I can almost always get a pair from them for under $60.
3. Brock’s good friend from high school and Brett’s favorite x-box buddy, Justin, is leaving for his mission in Brazil. Brett was so sad this morning to hear he was leaving. Justin will be an amazing missionary.
4. There is a totally cool idea of making a e-magazine. I saw this from a fun redecorating blog. I am thinking of ways to create an e-magazine of my trip with Owen. We’ll see how it goes. http://content.yudu.com/Library/A1s18x/TheLetteredCottageMa/resources/index.htm?referrerUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.yudu.com%2Fitem%2Fdetails%2F326443%2FThe-Lettered-Cottage-Magazine—Summer-Fun
5. An online deal last week was 2 – 2 hour stand up paddle board rental. I learned how last summer with Lindsay and it was so fun. Looking forward to doing it – that or creating another amazing race and that just might be a road block (ohh yeah – 4th of July would be a fun time to do it) Anyone want to come up and join me?
6. Congratulations to Nicolle Sherwood, my sister-in-law. She won the coveted travelocity roaming gnome for winning the Amazing Race pool that I am part of. She was amazing at picking each leg. Me – I didn’t beat Greg or Nicolle, but I was further up in the pack than ever before.
7. I am amazed with Becky’s piano teacher. Becky is learning all the scales major and minor from the very beginning. She knows them so well. Me I never knew anything but the C and F major scales. I love to watch Becky as she plays.
8. Doing a pack check today to see if I can truly get everything I need into a small carry on size luggage. I don’t want to take big suitcases because traveling on trains etc will not be fun with lot of stuff. I keep telling myself if I hate my clothes by the 2nd week then a new shirt will be a fun souvenir. Waiting for the washing machine/dryer can get done so that I can pack. Oh I am so excited for next week!!!!!!!
9. Brock needing jobs has been a great blessing for me. Almost 2 summers ago (July of 2009) I was looking on Craigslist trying to find Brock a job. I ended up finding myself a very part time bookkeeping job. I’ve been working there since. It is anywhere from 2 to 4 hours a week (Friday mornings and a very rare Tuesday morning). It is been perfect, esp with Brett’s surgery, etc. Last Monday I was once again looking for Brock and found a part time bookkeeping job in Sammamish. I sent off my resume without really thinking much about it. I realized that the posting was almost a week old so I didn’t think much would happen since I was sure they had received hundreds of resumes. Last Tuesday I got a call to schedule an interview. Yesterday I went for the interview. It turns out it is an ad agency which works out of an office next to the owners home. He wanted someone close by (1 1/2 miles away) and mom who wanted part time. I got the job. It is going to be great. Little more hours than the construction job, but the busy times are not the same. Construction the first week up to the 10th are the busiest. Ad agency 10th – 20th are the busier times. I am grateful for this blessing. Still gives me plenty of time at home with the kids – summers I can go in early and get it done prior to the kids getting up (my kids are not early to bed early to rise anymore) and needing to be places.
10. Brett loves to email now. He emails his friends from school and me. He will be in the family room with a laptop. When he finishes his email to me, he will call for me so that i can stop what I’m doing to respond to his email.