1. I am now a MISSIONARY MOM!!! Brock was set apart Monday night.
His good friend was getting set apart to be a missionary in Brazil right after him.
He left on the plane today.
… last look on the way out the door.
… Dad’s last bit of advice …
I must say that I didn’t cry as much as I thought I would, but yes I did shed a few tears at the airport. Can’t wait to watch him grow and becoming an amazing missionary.
2. I have amazing neighbors. I was out on a ladder helping a much needed hedge be pruned. One neighbor stopped to chat, while I was talking bikes with him another neighbor walked out of his garage with his power hedger. He then proceeded to prune my hedge in 5 minutes. Then the next door neighbor who shares the hedge with me came outside and trimmed more trees. I mowed up the clippings and my hedge was done in no time flat. As the owner of the power hedger told me – He was giving me an hour back of my life – he wasn’t kidding.
3. Our hamster hadn’t been running much lately so when I cleaned the cage last week I check the wheel. Turns out that some how it had gotten stuck and wouldn’t move. Once we got it going again, that hamster was in heaven. He ran so fast that he ended up doing a flip and being thrown off the wheel. So funny.
4. Brett loves maps lately. Last Thursday night I had to go to a Ragnar meeting in Seattle. Brett wanted to come along and I was looking for a car pool buddy anyways. He was so fun. He followed the map that I printed off the printer until he discovered the map app and started watching the blue dot get closer to the red dot. So fun to have him along with me. Note to self: Greenlake area has very limited parking and no handicap parking so – either bring a walker for Brett or leave him home. I’ll take the walker anytime.
5. Becky had lots of fun last Friday night at Jana Bell’s house having a cooking party with 2 of her friends and Jana. Perfect night for her. Thanks Jana and we are going to miss you!
6. Sunday we were making jello and I was reminded of swim meets growing up. It is fun to see how something that were totally accepted would be looked on in horror now. We use to bring along boxes of jello and while we were waiting for our heats, we’d lick our fingers and stick it into the box and then eat off all the jello that came out. It would be great to show the reaction of parents today if your kids showed up for a swim meet and did that. My favorite part was the officials at the end of the lane “guessing” what color we’d eaten – never could quite know how they knew. I introduced Brett and Becky, but I’m pretty sure it didn’t become a favorite for them.
7. Brett has become a Kinect junkie. Joy Ride and Beach Volleyball are two of his favorites.
8. New calling on Sunday!!!! Lets just say that I will not be sad not being the bulletin coordinator anymore. The only clues I will give you is it is a calling I’ve never had before and I am so excited for the amazing people I get to work with.
9. I roasted some potatoes, peppers and onions. SO yummy. I need to cook them that way more often. I’m thinking broccoli and cauliflower tonight!
10. I have a great friend at church who wanted to make sure that I get a few pictures of me and Brock together before he leaves. I told her we had gotten family pictures (you’ll have to wait for the christmas card for those), but she said make sure you get some with him. So here is my amazing son! Look no tears.