1. Life has been busy but fun. So many fun things to do this time of year. So nice today to have a slow day to actually find my sink and the bottom of the laundry pile.
2. Last Wednesday afternoon, I took Becky and Lindsay to go and try their skills at the trapeze. Becky has been begging since I told her I was going the first time. I almost made the pictures of that day our 5 on Friday – but I’ll do a mini version here. My favorite is the look just prior to jumping off the first time.
To be honest – these pictures don’t even come close to what you have to do to that point. You climb up 30′ in the air on a small metal ladder. Then you have to stand on a 1 foot by 4 foot platform. Here is a look at Becky as she nears the top.
Then doing amazing tricks. You jump off and swing across. When they yell – you pull your knees up onto the bar.
Then you let go and fly upside hanging on to the bar with your knees.
Then the smile of relief to be done!
3. Becky asked me this week if I was born before tape was invented. So good to know I’m not THAT old.
4. Owen is home for two weeks! Looking forward to lots of fun times as a family. Even if it is just hanging out.
5. Brett LOVES the kinect. He has been playing me in the track and field. He has a great discus throw and loves to sprint. Hurdles where you have to run (okay walk for him) jump and then walk again is a bit tricky.
6. Love that good friend think of my kids. Barb made Brett’s day with a little jar of maraschino cherries. He has eaten them for dinner, breakfast and lunch so far. Thanks Barb.
7. Lindsay sure can make us laugh some nights. Dinner is always more fun when she is around.
8. We have just about finished reading all our Christmas books. How I love to read these books each night.
9. Last night we watched A Christmas Story. Brett was in heaven hoping for the boy to get the red rider bb gun. I love to watch a movie through the eyes of my kids.
10. Looking forward to chatting with Brock on Sunday!