1. I can’t believe that she is 10 years old. It was just yesterday that I stood in the hospital room and watched her being born. What a gift that was. Something I never thought would happen for me – to see one of our children born. Becky seemed to wait for us to get there and once we arrived at the hospital she was ready to meet us. How I loved to look at her and remember again how tiny and perfect babies are. We fell in love at once. (just like with my other 3 kids).
2. Becky always was calm and just watched everything going on around her. She still does. She notices everything and files it away for a future time. She is the best person at coming up with a great gift for everyone. That is very important to her and she plans weeks ahead of time. Okay the only thing that wasn’t calm about her was her hair. Never truly captured it’s great splendor, but we loved it as it was unique as she was/is.
3. Becky is the best sister. She is so kind and helpful to all of her siblings, she will get drinks, band aids, just about anything you ask her to do. She’ll even defend you to the bitter end against all odds.
4. Becky loves her friends and loves to be with them. Once at a soccer clinic put on the High School one of the girls asked, “Why do you do you pass the soccer ball?” Becky’s immediate response was “To make friends”. That is how she lives her life.
5. Becky is so fun to watch and listen to her play the piano. She gets it and knows how to flow with the music. Love listening and watching her as she continues to improve.
Mostly we just love Becky dearly and can’t imagine life without her. So grateful each day for her birth parents who trusted us enough to allow us to raise her in our family.