1. Our Jetta decided it wanted to star this week in the blog. Lindsay was driving home when the oil light started to flash and beep and then the Jetta proceeded to stop on her while driving home. After waiting for a tow truck, the tow truck driver discovered that the oil plug was not on and had probably never been put on from when we had the oil changed recently. Wednesday morning we waited to hear what the dealership (who had changed the oil) would say. They were wonderful and are replacing the engine free of charge. So glad and grateful for that they didn’t hesitate to do the right thing. The end of this week or early next week we should get back the Jetta with a brand new engine. Here is a picture of the oil on the driveway after a rain Wednesday morning.
2. Tuesday night Lindsay woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me someone was downstairs going through the silverware drawer. She wanted me to come down with her to check it out. She was turning on lots of lights and asking who was there. Who did we find? Much to Lindsay’s amazement, Brett making himself a drink of chocolate milk (needed to spoon to stir in the Hershey’s syrup). How fun to see him becoming independent.
3. Thursday night I had the chance to fly to Arizona for the weekend with Owen. Owen was attending a conference in Scottsdale at a Resort and I felt it was only right that someone actually get to use the facilities at the resort. Robin came and watch Brett and Becky much to their delight. Kim picked me up from the airport and dropped me off at the hotel, since Owen had come in earlier in the week. That night I got to go to the opening reception. I loved to watch and listen to Owen as he meet others attending the conference and talk to them about what they do and how Pingar can help them. Love to see him “working”. But for only so long – I happily went back to the room so he could meet more people.
4. Kim came and hung out at the hotel with me on Friday. It was fun to lie out by a pool. It has been a long time, but so grateful that AZ cooled off for me. High was 79, but that was hot enough for me. Had a great lunch at the Scottsdale Pavilions Chipolte. Kindest and nicest owners ever – they brought us chips (for free) and refilled our water. Loved spending time with Kim. Did a quick shopping trip and dropped off some food at the mission home for Brock.
5. Friday night was the big conference Dinner/Event. We went to a Moroccan Horse farm in North Scottsdale. It was a beautiful facility. There was a horse show (didn’t bring my camera – so the iphone was my camera for the night).
There was even a pool for the horses.
There was horse show where we were taught about Quarter horses, Jumpers/Hunters, mini horses and Arabian horses.
6. Saturday morning started early as Kindy picked me us and we hiked the Cholla trail on Camelback Mtn. Neither of us had ever hiked it before, and we had a great time. It is about 1.7 miles from the car to the summit. The first 2/3rd was what I would have expected from hiking in AZ. Even through I had read the reviews, it was still surprising to see what the last 1/3 entailed. We were bouldering, using both hands to get to the summit. We learned to look for blue dots on the rocks to make sure we were on the right path. Lots of fun and so beautiful at the top. Weather was ideal for a Seattle girl like me – 55 and windy. Best part was having a couple of hours with another incredible sister. Loved getting that one on one time with Kindy.
The people hiking were great. My favorite were two older men (mountain goats) probably in their late 70’s. We passed them shortly after we had started down the mountain and they were on their way up. They then passed us a little later on their way down. We told them they were doing great and one of the men’s response was they had to get the other back to the retirement home before 9am when then check on him. Turns out they hike it 4 to 5 days a week. They flew down (why we called them mountain goats) and all Kindy and I could say is we hope we are like that when we are their age.
Beautiful hike, can’t wait to go back and hike the Echo Canyon trail.
7. I was able to go to lunch with Edith, Jenifer and Janice. I loved spending time with them. I am so blessed to have amazing sister-in-laws.
8. Saturday night – Owen, Kim, Scott and Kari and I all went out to eat. We had a wonderful 3 hours of catching up and having lots of laughs. I am so blessed to have amazing sisters and a great brother-in-law. I also realized I need to find ways to spend more time with them. Can’t wait to see them in Colorado this summer for our family reunion.
9. Check out Owen giving a video about Pingar. That is my man!
10. Today Brett was great. We were in the car going to PT and he used my electic guitar app on my phone to play along with the radio. Love him. He told his teacher at school that he played the guitar long and loud. He also said Deaf (which she expected I will be once he gets a guitar). He is working hard and is almost 2/3rd the way there with the money.