1. I can’t believe how long it has been since I have blogged. After more than a year and a half of never missing a week, I missed a bunch. Sometimes I think you need a week off after a vacation to get ready for life again. Mostly likely I will not be getting any pictures up this next week. Tomorrow I get to move everything out of my kitchen to prepare for our wood floors being strip, sanded and then stained. Looking forward to the end product, but the next week will involve lots of moving (haven’t done that in 12 years – good chance to get rid of lots – hopefully I will get rid of it), fun mini vacation with Owen and kids while we are kicked out of our home. We leave on Friday – head up to Canada – and come back on Tuesday afternoon. That is all I need a couple more blogs to take pictures for to get put into the cue for when the kids go back to school in Sept. Hopefully then I’ll get caught up.
2. I loved spending time with Owen. Amazed how much I missed my kids this time. Have loved spending time with them since I got home.
3. Hot weather here. I know that high 80’s doesn’t seem hot to many but I am glad we don’t have it more than a few days a year here. We loved spending time at Pine Lake. Becky loved it much more with a friend than solo – Brett and I just watched from the shores.
4. We have been going to the library a lot lately. So fun to get back into that routine after what seems like forever.
5. It is wedding reception, bridal shower and baby shower season. We have had 2 of each in the last two weeks here locally along with a number of extended family members. So excited for them and all that lies ahead for them.
6. The owner’s of the construction company whose books I do once a week had a baby at the beginning of August. So fun to see Dori each week and hold a newborn. It is going to be so fun to watch her grow up.
7. Becky had her last golf lesson on Thursday and moved up to the next level – yeah Becky. She was one of 2 girls in her class of 15 kids. Saturday Brett, Becky and I headed to the golf course and had lots of fun playing a round of golf.
8. On the way home I said we should go and get a blizzard. Becky asked what a blizzard was. My response was that I had failed her as a mom if she didn’t know what a blizzard was. Don’t worry I took care of that quickly and love their blizzard of the month – m&m’s and brownies. Like the crunchy/chewy combo.
9. Yesterday I took Brett and Becky to Wild Waves (amusement park and water slide park). I was reminded why we are not an amusement park family. Lines drive me crazy and Brett really doesn’t get a lot out of it. 3 1/2 years ago our one and only Disney trip had been fun and Brett loved roller coasters. Hansen can with us looking forward to lots of rides on the roller coasters with Brett’s go to the front of the line pass. Brett has decided that he does NOT like roller coasters so bumper cars (6 rides) were his love. He actually can drive surprisingly good. I did convince him to go down the log ride with Becky and myself. He was smiling at the bottom and waited on the bridge to get wet from the next two logs to go by.
10. Had to cavities filled this morning and even though I like our dentist, I don’t like the pain the associated with it. Hoping I don’t have to have any more filled for quite a while.