1. Some weeks it is amazing to see how much has happened in a week. Last Tuesday we went shooting for Adventure Tuesday. I was really happy I had gone on Sat, because this time I was MUCH more relaxed. We had a great time, but then again we do that with whatever we do.
Here is all of us at the end.
here is a look at my target… yes I was the one shooting and it only took one round of 10 shots…
And yes I did hang it on the fridge for a day or so..
2. Tuesday night was Brett’s last home game for Special Olympics. How I love his school and friends… His church group came to support him. Once again he is so well loved!
They announced all the players and they ran across the gym between two lines of cheerleaders. They were in heaven before the game even started.
Brett loves to play. Here are a couple of shots of him getting a throw in.
My favorite part is that at the end .. They are all #1. No one cares who won!
3. Can’t believe she is 12.
It seems like just a few years ago we were here…
Love her dearly!!!!
Owen and Becky played hookie from School on her birthday afternoon.
4. Saturday Owen and I headed down to Portland to go to our first NBA game in years. Years for sure. I remember once taking Brock and Lindsay to the Sonics and Owen thinks he went to a Sun’s game at some point. We really enjoyed it. Couple things that I noted and like:
- crazy when 6’1″ looks short. Both teams had at least 3 players each taller than 7′.
- Players (on Portland or Denver) don’t play for long. Most were 1 to 3 years. Only a couple of people on each team had played more than 5 years. 10 years was the longest.
- Never notice the guy who got to mop up sweat after three throws and when people fall on the ground.
5. While in Portland, we did what any self respecting donut lover would do – we went to Voodoo Donuts. They were cheaper and yummier than I had remembered.
Some even made it home to the kids.
6. Lesson in church on Sunday talked about ways to be a better mom. It was great to get the wisdom from parents who I love and admire. Have lots of new ideas of how to be a better mom.
7. Owen has a JOB!!! Happy and so thankful for that.
8. I have been doing a photo challenge with my family. It has been so fun. Loved how this picture of “Light” turned out.
It is hole in Brett’s shade created by a Nerf gun dart. So fun to see how something can look so much better when it is taken out of context.
9. Went to a funeral today of an amazing women. She lived a great life and influenced all around her. My favorite description of her was that she was a great fisherwomen. Once she laughed she just reeled you in. Life was always fun when you were with her.
10. Total random healthier eating tip I’m trying today. I LOVE chocolate covered raisin’s. My latest trick is only eat 5 per hour (afternoon are my hardest time). So far I am still following my rule.