1. Life is Great! So much going on, but so much to be grateful for. I finally have finished my job (which I gave notice to in Nov). It is amazing how it all worked out perfectly for us and how we have been blessed. I truly love being home more.
2. Baseball Season has started…
3. Since I’ve been home – more dinners have been cooked. Check out our over the top meatloaf. It was great and had the perfect kick. We only used hamburger, next time we’ll add in some sausage.
4. Saving money tip – If you need spices for a recipe that you don’t have and don’t want to buy a huge or even really expensive small bottle of the spice. You can go to your grocery store (QFC is close to us) and for 10 cents each you can get a teaspoon or two of the spice you need.
5. Becky was her school’s Heropolosa. The 6th graders each had to do a project which was 10 hours or more of service. Becky helped out with Brett’s Special Olympics Basketball team. Here she is with her board.
6. I have found time to make cards to donate to MJ Lost Causes (to go with the bags which I and friend sewed a few month ago). I haven’t made cards in years and it was so much fun to use Washi tape on the cards. Lots of color without a lot of work. Sorry so blurry – funny how on a cell phone looks good when it is so small.
7. The young women Becky’s age learned how to make a quilt block over break. Here is the finished quilt. All the blocks were sewn by the girls (many who had never sewn before). Looking forward to donating it to the Fisher House (think Ronald McDonald house for wounded vets and their families). Loved that on the back I used used up scraps and oops from when the girls were sewing.
8. I have completed a game on my cell phone. Now I don’t need to play it any more. This game involves combining 2 and 4 squares to end up with a total of 2048 (think 2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024 and finally 2,048). I liked it because it took a little bit of thought process, but so glad that I’m done.
9. Love spring and the weather we’ve been having. Yesterday afternoon I noticed that Our “Fire pit” which we have been calling our “Water Feature” lately has turned into a “Bird Bath”.
10. Lots of fun on Adventure Tuesday’s – repeats from previous years – so not individual blog posts, but lots of fun.
Archery… at Next Step Archery
Mountain Biking at Duthie Hill Mountain Bike Park.