1. Lots of fun on the last couple of Tuesday with Adventure Tuesday – Paddle boarding and Biking the John Wayne Trail. Although I’m finding Tuesday’s can get very busy hence why sometimes I miss a Ten on Tuesday. Trying to get it done I promise.
2. Brett is so funny. Love how he perceives how a high schooler should act. On Wednesday, I drive him to school, because my job is a mile or two from his school and I go in while they are at school. His classroom is at one end of the building and the main entrance is at the other end. Last week one of the EA’s was waiting at the door near his classroom to let the kids getting off the bus in that door. I asked him if he wanted to get out. He told me that was for when your ride the bus. He wanted to walk in the front door so as not to be confused with the bus riders. Love his way of thinking.
3. Owen got on his lumberjack skills on last weekend. I have been wanting a change to my front entrance since I started working in the front yard last spring.
Can you see the difference? Here is before…
Love the openness of the front.
4. I HAVE MY CAR BACK!!!!! Brock did it. He bought himself a car.
5. Oh the things we have done with having a car again..
Batting cages on a Friday afternoon with Brett. Brett was in heaven to have a consistent pitcher. I was in heaven for not having to pitch for a half hour straight. I’m sure we’ll be back soon.
6. Brett was living his dream of driving a go-kart. We headed there last Friday after school. Brett was so excited to go – he came and found me at my friend Tamie’s to bring me home (I have been know to spend a bit of time chatting with Tamie in the past). We got to the go-kart place and we were the only ones in the building, just what I had hoped for – private race for Brett and Becky.
I was so surprised that Brett could steer and press the gas as well as he did. Straight a ways and gas are not Brett’s friend when a turn is needed. He loves speed. Good thing the Go-Karts were battery powered and they had the ability to limit the speed he could go.
7. We went on Saturday to play Foot Golf. It is golf using a soccer ball. Needless to say Becky destroyed us even getting par on a couple of holes. Lots of fun and we had a great afternoon. We played it on a par-3 golf course (9 holes) and the just had the foot golf tee’s off to the side of the golf tees and the Pins were located in a different area than the golf pins. Lots of fun. I am sure there is one in your neck of the woods – for example for all my AZ family – Shalimar Golf Course has one – bet you didn’t know that!
8. Becky decided that she was ready for a change in hair lengths.
gives you the cutest 12 year old around.
8. Owen started yesterday back at Microsoft. He spend 8 years then 4 years ago left to try new adventures and we are so happy and grateful and blessed to have him starting back again yesterday. He is working as a sales engineer for Sharepoint.
9. Tried out a supposed no-fail carmel apple recipe from a good friend… Looks like it was a success…
After eating them – they were delicious!!!! Total success and a no fail – until you leave them out of the fridge overnight. The caramel melted a bit. But still tastes wonderful.
10. Love when I’m working on family history and I discover pictures of very distant relatives. It so fun to put faces with a name and history. For example, I have relatives who were from Ireland/Scotland and their first 4 kids were born on small islands in Greece during the 1810’s. Looked up and realized that was during the Napoleonic wars. How cool is that. Here is a photo of the younger brother (not the parent) whose older 4 siblings were born in Greece’s.